Reviews, Reflections, Recollections

Just a blog filled with my usual irreverent observations about life and all that.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

enjoys reading and is perpetually trying to find space for all of the books he owns in his room. He also enjoys films, and in particular, going to the cinema. Although a self-confessed trivia buff, reports that he is an insufferable know-it-all are completely unfounded. He enjoys a nice glass of tipple now and then, be it a pint of beer, a glass of wine or a single malt whisky.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Welcome back Dear Computer

First of all, the recent reticence is very much down to the fact that my computer died on me last Wednesday, and I have felt almost half naked ever since. Still, just less than a week without my laptop has helped me learn just how much time I waste on internet - it is quite crazy really and leads to yet another resolution with regards to turning my life around....

It was a lazy evening spent watching quite a lot of television. It was University Challenge as usual, followed by an interesting Documentary on Israel-Palestine and the Camp David accords. That was soon followed by a half-hour special documenting the announcement of the winner of the Booker prize, which went to The Sea by John Banville which was quite a bit of a shock really. It also marked the abject failure of my hopes to finish all six shortlisted books before the announcement - I had finished half of Barry's A Long Long Way.

Going back late yet again, I realized that I had hardly been back earlier than 10pm most evenings - living so far out there is a tendency to just hang around college so save making too many trips, but even then it seems to be a sign of how busy things have been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home