Reviews, Reflections, Recollections

Just a blog filled with my usual irreverent observations about life and all that.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

enjoys reading and is perpetually trying to find space for all of the books he owns in his room. He also enjoys films, and in particular, going to the cinema. Although a self-confessed trivia buff, reports that he is an insufferable know-it-all are completely unfounded. He enjoys a nice glass of tipple now and then, be it a pint of beer, a glass of wine or a single malt whisky.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Questionairre

I stole this off of Douglas who stole it off of Ben and thus the virus of random questionairres spread. But here goes.....

1. Name someone with the same birthday as you

Well, I don't actually know anyone else who shares a birthday with me, though I do recall that my birthday shares it's date with the outbreak of the first gulf war. A quick check on born-on-this-day.com however shows that I share my birthday with former tennis great Pete Sampras, horror director Wes Craven, Rose Tremain among others

2. Where was your first kiss?

It happened in University, which is symptomatic of my love life really.......

3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property?

No. I am far too civic minded for that.

4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?

Well I probably have hit my sister at some point, but I was probably very young at that time. I tend to be rather non-violent by nature.

5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?

Yes, I have been a member of various choirs including my church choir - The Sunbeans and the College Choir. I also did a concert in Arts Week when I was possesed by a fit of madness. I do really enjoy singing, whether in front of large numbers of people or not.

6. What's the first thing you notice about the preferred sex?

I would say eyes, like most people, as that seems the romantic thing to say, windows into the soul and all of that, but I will be honest and say their legs.

7. What really turns you on?

Someone who is assertive and knows what they want. Someone who is really witty and intelligent. Dressing well and putting on makeup definitely helps as well - though to be honest I think it's best never to just judge by appearances.

8. What do you order at Starbucks?

Strawberry and cream frappuccino, usually grande

9. What is your biggest mistake?

I have done many things that I have regretted. In general, not valuing my close friends and relatives as much as I should and taking things for granted.


10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?

Well, not really. Though I have collided with a lamp post once while reading the paper and walking.

11. Say something totally random about yourself

I tend to be incapable of saying anything totally random, especially about myself, when I am instructed to do that very thing. I do have a tendency to do that at the most unexpected moments, which is all the fun really.

12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?

You have got to be kidding. The only thing people say about me appearance wise is that i look really young and rather boyish. I choose to take that as a compliment.

13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?

I do love animated movies, and I love Disney movies. I think the cartoons they show on TV are quite dire compared to what I watched in my day.

14. Did you have braces?

Yes. I am apparently missing two teeths - they never grew in after the milk teeth dropped out, so I had then for about four years.

No.15. Are you comfortable with your height?

Well..... I am short, but let us just say that I have come to accept it.

16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you?

Oh dear. I don't think I tend to inspire much in this department. I am after all a person who once only received a chocolate from the Christian Union telling me that God loves me on Valentine's Day. Receiving a letter on lovely notepaper from someone I care for must count as near the top.

17. When do you know it's love?

If you had the answer to this one you would be a millionaire. I personally don't know. I would say that I am getting rather cynical in general about all these romantic notions. Perhaps when you feel like a lesser person without that special someone by your side.

18. Do you speak any other languages?

Rather poor Chinese seeing that I learned in school for so many years. Vain ambitions to learn other languages, particularly Spanish.



19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?

Nope. Firstly, because I don't need to resort to that to get a tan. Secondly, because I am hardly that vain.

20. What magazines do you read?

The Economist, National Geographic, New Yorker, occasionally the Spectator and Foreign Affairs.

22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?

Well, two of my grandparents.

23. Do you watch mtv?

Used to leave it on as background noise. Don't watch much TV in general these days.

24. What's something that really annoys you?

People who don't enjoy a good debate, close-minded individuals, fundamentalists

25. What's something you really like?

Meeting someone on the street whom you haven't seen for awhile, finding people who share my viewpoint and interests. A fine glass of wine is a also something I love. Oh, and getting a quiz questions right - that always does it for me.

26. Do you like Michael Jackson?

No, not really. I did listen to him a bit when I was a lot younger but I think he is ridiculous to be honest.

27. Can you dance?

Depends on what kind of dancing. I used to be awkward in clubs, but then I think I realized is that the most fundamental thing is not to be self concious about it at all, and just be as natural as you can. I have done Dancesport for a year or so, and that was quite fun.



28. What's the latest you have ever stayed up?

I once went 48 hours or so without sleep. Wouldn't recommend it. I am generally a night owl, so staying up through the night is not uncommon.

29. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?

Not at all. I don't think I have ever been hospitalized before. Nor have I ever broken a bone, or got chicken pox. I am very fortunate in that respect.

1 Comments:

Blogger name said...

HAAAA!!! That was sooo funny!!! Insightful too....HAAAAAAAA

gen

16 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home