Reviews, Reflections, Recollections

Just a blog filled with my usual irreverent observations about life and all that.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

enjoys reading and is perpetually trying to find space for all of the books he owns in his room. He also enjoys films, and in particular, going to the cinema. Although a self-confessed trivia buff, reports that he is an insufferable know-it-all are completely unfounded. He enjoys a nice glass of tipple now and then, be it a pint of beer, a glass of wine or a single malt whisky.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Back in Singapore

I have finished up my internship in Hong Kong and I am now back in Singapore for a week before heading back. Basically just spending time bumming at home and with my family and two dogs which is always good. Among the (few) things that I have accomplished since arriving back are a mahjong session with Julianna on Wednesday night, a night out at Devil's on Thursday and meeting Jasmine for coffee on Friday night.

One really good thing: Neil Gaiman's latest book Anasi Boys is finally out. I was browsing at Border's (where I was meeting Jasmine) when I saw it and of course bought the book immediately. Now the only challenge is to try and finish it before I fly off on Sunday, so that Denise can have a chance to read it and to avoid us ending up with double copies. Me and my sis are such enormous Gaiman fans - when he came to Singapore she queued for hours in order to get our Sandman comics autographed by him. Just started on the book - I actually started on it in Borders - and it seems interesting enough, though very much more similar in spirit to his work in American God's than his earlier stuff.

Been doing some shopping for Oxford. Got myself a DVD player with speakers for a really good price of only about $130 - it was a local Singapore manufacturer, so I am supporting local industry! Got a desk lamp as well to bring over, as I am not sure that there will be one provided in Stav. Still have some shopping to do - mainly a pair of sneaker's and perhaps some clothes.

Besides all of this, I have been trying to do some preperation for the GRE exam, which I am admittedly quite behind in. Will definitely have to polish off a further practice exam or two before I leave for England, and then a further one or two before I take the actual test in London. I am hoping very hard for a decent grade at it as it is very important for Grad school admissions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home