Reviews, Reflections, Recollections

Just a blog filled with my usual irreverent observations about life and all that.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

enjoys reading and is perpetually trying to find space for all of the books he owns in his room. He also enjoys films, and in particular, going to the cinema. Although a self-confessed trivia buff, reports that he is an insufferable know-it-all are completely unfounded. He enjoys a nice glass of tipple now and then, be it a pint of beer, a glass of wine or a single malt whisky.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Ebay

Just created an ebay account, and joined the fast seductive world of online bidding. Needless to say I am utterly and totally hooked on it. There is a kind of excitement in any auction, even a virtual online one that sucks you in, and you do end up getting stuff you perhaps don't really necessarily need just for the heck of it.

I have been slowly mastering the strategies involved in ebay bidding, and whilst I probably overpaid for a few earlier items, I am quite happy with some of the prices I have won more recent items at. I will admit it quite frankly now - I have bid and won about 15 items in the space of 4 days, with at least 8 more on the way. Nevermind the cost, which at 50 quid is relatively steep, but my average trip to a bookstore/CD store anyway, but the fact that the Trinity lodge is going to be soon inundated with a whole pile of parcels addressed to me, something that will not amuse the porters in the least.

Just in case you were wondering, some of the stuff I managed to get included: A copy of the new football manager computer game at 3 pounds (5.50 including shipping); a copy of the Encyclopedia Britannica 2003 edition CD Rom for 99 pence (3.99 including shipping), Michael Freeden's Political theory and ideologies for 3 pounds (6 including shipping), Hayley Westernra's Pure CD for 1.79 pounds (3.19 including shipping), Radiohead's OK Computer CD for about 4 pounds total (a bit expensive this one), John Pizzarelli's latest CD for 1 pound (3 including shipping), Supergrass's debut CD for 2.25 total and Nickelback's Silver Side Up for the same price and Barbara Trapido's The Travelling Hornplayer for 2 quid.

There are just so many bargains on ebay that one can go a bit crazy, but I shall have to begin restraining myself very soon. Definitely not a good site for compulsive shoppers! Still, ebay is surely a sign of a dot com with a great idea that really works, and there is no surprise at all at its success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home