Reviews, Reflections, Recollections

Just a blog filled with my usual irreverent observations about life and all that.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

enjoys reading and is perpetually trying to find space for all of the books he owns in his room. He also enjoys films, and in particular, going to the cinema. Although a self-confessed trivia buff, reports that he is an insufferable know-it-all are completely unfounded. He enjoys a nice glass of tipple now and then, be it a pint of beer, a glass of wine or a single malt whisky.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

On Collections

Had a collection yesterday on political theory which went relatively well. I did questions on equality, liberty and the relationship between power and authority - on the whole concepts that I am quite comfortable with. I did run out of time and didn't manage to finish my last essay, but considering that I hadn't done a whole lot of revision for it, I am pleased for the most part with how it went. Unfortunately, I have another collection on political sociology tomorrow morning.

I met Laurel for lunch today in St Catz. It was nice to see her again after the Easter break. I also bumped into many of my St Catz friend, Holger, Natascha, Jonathan Bailey and Adele as well as Matthew, which was really nice indeed.

Today, I had another collection on Political Sociology, which went pretty good, all things considered. The revision that I was hoping to do didn't really materialize, but I still managed half decent essays on class voting, power and new social movements, though I couldn't remember a whole lot of empirical studies. Still, I was just glad that the collections are over and done with.

Currently Reading: Into Thin Air, an account of a commercial expedition that goes horribly wrong, with 6 people dying on Everest in a single day. It seems an appropriate read since I have just come back from Ecuador, having climbed 5 mountains there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home