Reviews, Reflections, Recollections

Just a blog filled with my usual irreverent observations about life and all that.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

enjoys reading and is perpetually trying to find space for all of the books he owns in his room. He also enjoys films, and in particular, going to the cinema. Although a self-confessed trivia buff, reports that he is an insufferable know-it-all are completely unfounded. He enjoys a nice glass of tipple now and then, be it a pint of beer, a glass of wine or a single malt whisky.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I Don't Want To Live On The Moon

Here are the lyrics to one of my all time favourite sesame street songs and a link for the audio version of it. Listening to it gives such a strong sense of nostalgia, still enough to bring a tear to my eye....

I Don't Want To Live On The Moon

Well, I'd like to visit the moon
On a rocket ship high in the air
Yes, I'd like to visit the moon
But I don't think I'd like to live there
Though I'd like to look down at the earth from above
I would miss all the places and people I love
So although I might like it for one afternoon
I don't want to live on the moon

I'd like to travel under the sea
I could meet all the fish everywhere
Yes, I'd travel under the sea
But I don't think I'd like to live there
I might stay for a day there if I had my wish
But there's not much to do when your friends are all fish
And an oyster and clam aren't real family
So I don't want to live in the sea

I'd like to visit the jungle, hear the lions roar
Go back in time and meet a dinosaur
There's so many strange places I'd like to be
But none of them permanently

So if I should visit the moon
Well, I'll dance on a moonbeam and then
I will make a wish on a star
And I'll wish I was home once again
Though I'd like to look down at the earth from above
I would miss all the places and people I love
So although I may go I'll be coming home soon
'Cause I don't want to live on the moon
No, I don't want to live on the moon


idontwanttoliveonthemoon.mp3 (audio/mpeg Object)

3 Comments:

Blogger Caleb Liu said...

Nah, I do have a soft spot for Sesame Street and I remembered loving this Ernie song from my time as a small kid. They say you can tell a person's character from which Sesame Street personality they most loved. I always liked Oscar the Grouch! He was the poor misunderstood one in my mind - he was actually very tender inside, as evidenced by the attention he gave to his worm.....

16 March, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I always loved this song as a child now i am playing it for my daughter and she loves it as a bed time song, i was always a sesame street fan and so was my dad. and i also love oscar the grouch and slimy the worm and lets not forget the count. lol.

12 August, 2007  
Blogger uāˆƒāˆƒl!āˆƒ said...

I love this song.
I never heard it before today.
I found it on someone's myspace page and was just searching for the lyrics, when I stumbled on this blog.

23 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home