Reviews, Reflections, Recollections

Just a blog filled with my usual irreverent observations about life and all that.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

enjoys reading and is perpetually trying to find space for all of the books he owns in his room. He also enjoys films, and in particular, going to the cinema. Although a self-confessed trivia buff, reports that he is an insufferable know-it-all are completely unfounded. He enjoys a nice glass of tipple now and then, be it a pint of beer, a glass of wine or a single malt whisky.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Ultimate Geek Novels

A poll conducted by the Guardian technology section revealed the unofficial top 20 Geek books. The article can be found here. I must admit that of the Top 20 I have finished #1, #2, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #13, #16, #17, #18 which makes 11 of them. With regards to the rest, #3 Brave New World has been on my to-read list for ages, as has #12 The Watchmen by Alan Moore. I also own a copy of #9 The Color of Magic, the first Discworld book, and even started it, though I never finished it and I didn't and still don't enjoy Pratchett all that much. I currently also have #14 on my bookshelf in Oxford, and #15 Strangers in a Strange Land has been sitting on my shelf in Singapore in ages, unread, surprisingly so seeing that I must have read about 6 or 7 other Robert Heinlein books. Only #10 and #2o surprised me - especially #10. I had heard of Douglas Coupland before but I never knew he was held in any regard.

I wonder what this says about me, geekiness wise......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I protest.

How can anyone not like Pratchett?? I would thought that you, of all people, would be able to appreciate his cutting wit and satirical style. :)

23 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home