Reviews, Reflections, Recollections

Just a blog filled with my usual irreverent observations about life and all that.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

enjoys reading and is perpetually trying to find space for all of the books he owns in his room. He also enjoys films, and in particular, going to the cinema. Although a self-confessed trivia buff, reports that he is an insufferable know-it-all are completely unfounded. He enjoys a nice glass of tipple now and then, be it a pint of beer, a glass of wine or a single malt whisky.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

All Good Things.......

Its sad but true, lots of my really good friends at Oxford are leaving the University and nothing has served to underline this more than all the post finals fun that has been going on. Admittedly, I have not done much in the way of waiting outside exam schools and thrashing people, though maybe I should have. There was a really nice garden party on Wednesday night organized by Leo, at the Christ Church Cathedral Gardens which was lovely. The setting of course, was classic Oxford, as was the fact that there was lots of wine, as well as a bar staff to serve it to us! It was a chance to see all the MUN people again before I left. I was even surprised to find Mathilde down in Oxford visiting. I heard she has been doing lots of stuff with Holger, Marc, Nathasha etc, and I am just slightly miffed at not hearing a thing about any of this.

But back to the point of all this. They say all good things come to an end, and that is definitely true. Its sad to see so many people leaving, with whom I have had so many good times. Particularly the MUN people like Holger, Marc, Matthew, Leo, Krizia, Chris K, Laura, Saul, Anjli but also college friends like Tan, my friends on the darts team and PPE seniors. Its the usual 'lets keep in touch' though as all things go, its always something that is very difficult to do. And certainly, all the finalists fun that has been going on has only served to underline to me how limited my time in the college is now.

But it is nice in a way, spending time with everyone before they leave. I went to see Anjli out of exam schools and we had a nice time first at the Turf, then (attempting) to punt later on, and I also went for a barbequeue organized by Holger and Agnes Chew, with the usual mix of MUNers and Catz people there.

So as they say, all good things must come to an end. And hopefully, it will be so long and farewell, rather than goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home